Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the school hours?
- Fellowship is a Covenant Christian school. What does that mean?
- Do students at FCS wear uniforms?
- Is Fellowship accredited?
- Are books included in the tuition?
- Where can I see the Parent Handbook?
- When can I submit an application for the upcoming year?
- Are entrance tests required for Fellowship?
- Does the school offer bus transportation?
It means that we require at least one parent to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. In addition, it is expected that families seeking enrollment at FCS regularly attend a local church, which upholds the evangelical tradition expressed in our faith statement.
- What are the application fees?
- Are you still accepting applications for the current school year?
- Who should I use as my references?
- What are the parameters for uploading a photo of my child and why is this a required field?
- How do I submit my child's academic records?
- When will the assessments be scheduled?
- How can I monitor the status of my application?
- What if my student currently receives academic support or has learning needs?
- What are the next steps after submitting an application?
- What should we expect in the family interview?
- How long does the application process usually take?
- When will we receive notification of an admissions decision?
- What are the expectations for enrolling my student if acceptance is offered?
The online application contains a Referral Documents page to enter the names and email addresses of teachers and ministry leaders. Please use current teachers. Two teacher evaluations are required for applicants for grades 6th – 12th, one from math or science and one from English or history.
The Family Evaluation is completed for applicants for grades PreK - 5th and can be sent to someone in your church who knows your family. The Ministry Leader Evaluation is for applicants for grades 6th – 12th and preferably is for the individual student.
Upon submission of the online application, emails are automatically sent by the Renweb system to these references. You will receive email confirmations when each evaluation has been submitted to the school. It is the responsibility of the parents to follow up with all references to ensure receipt and timely submission of referral emails. The admissions office is able to resend referral emails through the online application system upon request.
At least the last 4 years (all previous for PreK – 4th grades) including most recent academic records are required.
1) The online application includes a Document Upload page. Please note that only one file per field can be uploaded but that file can contain multiple pages. PDF format is preferable.
2) A Request for Records email can be sent from the Referral Documents page of the online application. Please follow up with your child’s current school registrar to confirm receipt of referral email and timely submission of records.
3) The Request for Records form can be printed from the Admissions website and hand delivered to your child’s current school. Request for Records Please ask that records be scanned and emailed to email@example.com.
After submitting the application, you will be able to log back into your Online Application account at any time to monitor when the school receives supplemental application forms and view any notes from admissions. You will be able to print the completed application, and, if necessary, reprint the supplemental forms. It is the responsibility of the parents to follow up with all references to ensure receipt and timely submission of referral emails. The admissions office is able to resend referral emails through the online application system upon request.
Please submit any and all accommodation plans, IEPs, 504 plans, psychological evaluations and any other academic/diagnostic testing. These can be uploaded within the online application or emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. The director of the Edison program will also review the student’s completed application with the admissions team to determine the best placement for the applicant. Edison Student Success Program
Interviews are held Mondays through Fridays as early as 8:15 am and as late as 3:00 pm and usually last 45 minutes to an hour. Student applicants and both parents (when applicable) meet with the admissions director and corresponding division principal. The director of the Edison program will also attend if academic support is recommended or required. Siblings that are not applying to attend FCS are not included in the interview. The interview is a time for the admissions team to get to know the prospective family better and answer any further questions they may have.
Our goal in admissions is to work as quickly as you do to get the paperwork in. Following up with all references is extremely helpful in the timely receipt of supplemental documents. Upon receipt of all application pieces, please allow a few days for the admissions team to thoroughly review your application.
A $750 fee is required upon submission of online enrollment to save the new student’s space in the class. $250 is a registration fee. $500 is a tuition deposit which is credited either to your one-time payment in full or to your January tuition payment, hopefully to use for re-enrollment for the following year. The $750 fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.